If you don’t have a social media marketing strategy in place by now, you need to rectify that. While “posting and praying” may see you get some results, it won’t enable you to derive the full capability of social media platforms for brand promotion, and maximize your performance.
These are the basic building blocks for your process:
1. identify your business goals from day one
Every social media activity should serve your business goals.
2. Craft your social media marketing objectives
Craft marketing objectives that are aligned to your business goals. Ensure your marketing objectives are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based (SMART).
3. Understand the audience persona
Segment your audience based on age, gender, education, income and location.
4. Research competition and know what to do
Analyze your competitor’s social profiles by looking at their followers/followings, posting frequency, type and context of content and engagement rates.
5. Develop a content marketing strategy
Understand which types of content your audience responds to.
6. List down the resources and investment
Make a list of tools and resources you need for your overall social media strategy.
7. Distribute the tasks among your team members
Make your social media process more productive and less complex, by assigning members with different roles that distributes the work between them.
8. Track your social media metrics and social media ROI
Tracking the right metrics can help you stick to your business goals throughout the process.