1. Set the stage for TrueView ads
- Use TrueView in-stream and video discovery ads in the right contexts.
Why: These ads appear in different contexts. Those differences should be taken into account when optimizing your creatives and bids.
- Move beyond last-click attribution.
Why: It’s important to account for all of the digital touchpoints that led to a conversion.
2. Capture attention with compelling TrueView ads
- Make your TrueView ad’s first five seconds count.
Why: After this, users can choose to watch or skip your ads your TrueView in-stream ads.
- Use relevant images and text to increase CTR.
Why: Well-designed titles, descriptions and images for TrueView video discovery ads can lead to a positive impact on your CTR.
- Use call-to-action overlays and cards to to drive people to your site or app.
Why: Make it easy for viewers to perform a specific action once they see your ad.
3. Reach the most qualified audiences with YouTube
- Use YouTube remarketing lists broadly across the Display Network.
Why: If your YouTube videos get a lot of distribution, they can be a powerful audience list for your broader display and video campaigns.
- Use Customer Match to create custom audience segments.
Why: You can reach your most valuable customers through customer match campaigns.
- Extend remarketing with in-market audiences.
Why: You can drive new qualified traffic to your site and grow your remarketing lists.
4. Track and optimize YouTube ads
- Use video analytics to fine tune your YouTube creatives and audiences.
Why: You can maximize your return on investment with these optimizations.
- Set your video ad rotations to optimize automatically.
Why: With many creative tests running, it’s tough to keep track of all the moments of statistical significance. Let the system optimize towards the best performing video ads.