While much of the engagement on LinkedIn takes place on a personal level, don’t overlook the potential of your business’s LinkedIn page.
Your company page can serve as a valuable channel to communicate and engage with your community – plus, new features for company pages are always being released, helping to make them an even more useful tool in your social media marketing arsenal.
If you’re not sure how to make the most of your page, these tips will help:
1. Ensure the accuracy of your profile information
2. Personalize your LinkedIn Page URL
3. Serve up some specialties to feed LinkedIn’s algorithm
4. Update your images
5. Make every character count in your headline
6. Optimize your page content for both humans and search
7. Appeal to market segments with Showcase Pages
8. Give your favorite groups a spotlight
9. Engage as a company by joining communities
10. Be on the lookout for new features
Your LinkedIn page is the perfect base from which to launch your brand’s LinkedIn engagement campaigns. You can’t do everything with a company page on LinkedIn that you can with your personal profile – for example, you can’t send connection requests or personal messages from your company page and you can’t publish on LinkedIn Publisher (f.k.a. Pulse). But as LinkedIn continues to add new features to company pages, these limitations may change.
With your company page optimized, you’ll be ready to begin publishing updates, following and commenting on others’ posts and analyzing the outcomes of your efforts.